AXIS Healthcare Consulting Ltd was founded in Ireland in 2012 to provide dedicated market access and health economics services to clients based in Ireland, the UK and Europe. The Company’s head office is located in Dublin and a second office is located in Galway.
The AXIS team proves strategic advice on pricing, reimbursement and market access and develops health technology assessment’s (HTA) on behalf of our clients for agencies such as the NCPE, SMC and AWMSG. We are committed to achieving the highest quality of deliverables for both our clients and the HTA agencies who assess the reimbursement submissions developed by AXIS.
The company is experiencing significant growth and is now seeking to appoint a Head of HTA/ Modelling to join the Irish Team. The Head of HTA/ Modelling will be a key member of our senior management team and will lead our growing team of in house HTA Managers. The Head of HTA/ Modelling will also act as the technical expert for the team on modelling projects and act as a key contact for our clients.
Qualification to MSc level or above in health economics, operational research, mathematics and/or econometrics is also anticipated.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent position.
Location: Dublin or Galway office and home-based options are also available.
Salary: Highly competitive salary and bonus based on qualifications and experience.
We also offer ongoing personal and professional development to aid career progression.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the:
- Leadership and line management of HTA Manager’s in the team.
- Internal and external day-to-day management of projects.
- Adaptation of Global Cost effectiveness and Budget Impact models for
submissions to HTA agencies.
- Oversight of complete HTA dossier development.
- Development of research proposals.
- Delivery of Client Projects to agreed timelines.
- Development of training plans for junior members of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in economic modelling
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics, operational research,
mathematics , biostatistics or econometrics.
- Advanced experience with VBA, Winbugs, R, SPSS or STATA.
- Extensive experience in the implementation of cost-effectiveness and
budget impact analyses using statistical/ mathematical modelling techniques such as decision tree analysis, Markov modelling and/ or discrete event simulations;
- Experience of reviewing health economic data (such as resource use, cost
and health-related preference data) across a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Extensive knowledge of health technology assessment methods and
- Experience of successfully managing projects
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) skills and proven
ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-
- Willingness to learn, ability to work autonomously with a problem-solving
- Proven ability to exercise a refined level of attention to detail so as to
monitor as well as improve the quality of the worked carried out.
- Able to work under pressure to tight timelines.
- Excellent work ethic and integrity.
- Knowledge of the English language as mother-tongue, both verbally and
- Experience with people management.
- Experience in consultancy services.
- Strong business orientation and analytical skills.
- A high level of self-organisation and self-motivation.